Sunday, January 17, 2010

Nokia 2600 Classic

I recently bought the Nokia 2600 Classic cell phone. It has a camera, FM radio, video capability, and even comes with a second case so you can switch out from basic black to metallic orange, so I was very surprised at its cheap price. At less than $90 in Thailand, I thought it was an
I bought the phone because a second-hand phone I had bought two months ago was driving me nuts. The reception was terrible and half the time I couldn't hear who was calling me, so I decided a new phone was in my future. I chose Nokia because I've had three Nokia cell phones before, and have been very happy with all of them. This is the fourth Nokia phone I have now owned and I think Nokia definitely has me as a guaranteed repeat customer.

The Nokia 2600 Classic is slightly heavier than the high-end phones they also sell, but honestly I'm not a big fan of the very lightweight phones (they feel cheap), so the weight doesn't bother me at all. The Nokia 2600 Classic comes in black/blue, but then an extra cover is included in the box and this one is in a bright metallic orange color. The extra cover is wonderful as, if you scratch or otherwise damage the original black/blue case, you can just switch it out for the orange one and, voila, you have a brand new phone.

The phone has a 160 x 128 pixel color screen, so photos, games etc. look really nice on it. You can also personalize your phone with downloadable MP3 ring tones, take photos and video, listen to a very strong-signalled FM radio, and play several games.

One thing I love about this phone is the 'Applications' section of the menu. It comes with several games, but the great thing for me is the the 'Collection' section. Collection comes with several applications, including Converter, (where you can convert from Fahrenheit to Celsius), Currency (foreign currency exchange), Cooking (cooking measurements), Weight, Length, Breadth and more. This has been really useful for me as I live in a country (Thailand) where everything is in the metric system, which I'm still not completely used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About